Jeld wen casement window 8700 opening mechanism

A home owner from gulf breeze florida says:
I need 4 of these opening mechanisms. Looking at the window from inside they are all on the right side window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231125_150403.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231125_151700.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231125_150836.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231117_095719.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, thanks for contacting us. Looks like you need a new casement window hinge. We don't sell this exact design, but it is very close to our 36-048. As long as the base track is 10" long, this should work perfectly well for your window. Just make sure that you replace the top and bottom at the same time; you never want to mix old and new hinges.

The video below will go into more detail about what these are, how they work, and how you can swap them out.

A home owner from gulf breeze florida says:
Hello, My base track is 13 inches long will that still work?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for verifying the size. In that case, I would instead suggest something like our 36-049. This has a 14" track rather than 13", but you shouldn't notice the difference as long as you replace the top and bottom at the same time. 13" tracks are somewhat older by today's standard and I find that the modern 14" works perfectly well to replace them.

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.