Clinic Window Mechanism failure

A handy person from Yorktown, VA says:

My name is Jose and I volunteer at a Free clinic located in Yorktown, VA. One of the windows lifting mechanism failed and I'm trying to fix it. There are no information in the window that can help me identify the parts. I will appreciate any help.

Sincerely Jose 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken coil
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window jamb
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil bracket
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like the coil balance assembly that you're replacing uses the 16-030 bracket. There's a good chance that we can replace the rest of the hardware but I can't be sure of which coil balance your window uses with the assembly still installed. If you could remove an intact assembly, as well as write out the exact width and thickness of the pivot shoe, we can go from there. Thank you! 

Dimensions of 16-030
Dimensions of 16-030

Casey thank you for your response. It may be a week before I get back to you with the information, I will not be a the location for a week.
Profile picture of Casey

No problem, we'll be here whenever you are ready to proceed. Just let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime. 

Casey - good morning. Here are more photos and the information that you requested in the previous email. Sorry it too this long to get back to you. Both mechanism sides of the window are damaged as you can see photo 9218 is for the left side (looking from inside out). Photo 9221 is the right side (looking from inside out)
Thank you for your help
Jose
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bracket
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bracket height
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken cover
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken coil
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. We can't be sure of the correct replacement without seeing the balance shoe fully removed from the window, as well as confirming the exact width and thickness. The S161 is one possibility since the coils resemble yours but you will need to remove the rest of the assembly to confirm if the S161-06 shown below matches your hardware.

Alternate image for S161-06
Alternate image for S161-06

Casey - Thank you . I will take the assembly off and take the measures and get back to you.

Jose
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.