Lock does not engauage

A quick learner from El centro ca says:
Door closes, lever moves catch. But no engage. Is it possible the stationary piece needs to be adjusted up or down?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mortise lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named mortise lock keeper
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm not sure if you're referring to the lock or the keeper as the stationary piece. Are you saying the hook doesn't reach the keeper? If so, you may need to adjust the hook. You will note a small, slotted screw just above the hook. By turning that you extend the hook out or retract it back in, depending on which way you turn it. 

A quick learner from El centro ca says:
I meant the keeper. I assumed that the lock moved the latch with the lever, so I called the keeper the stationary piece.
Anyway, the moving piece or latch moves in and out but not vertically like the ones in your videos. The lock is 6" H x 3/4" wide. Can you suggest a new set and pri e it for me? I will buy direct from you if possible. My customer is using a stick to lo k his door at present. :)
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for clarifying! Our 82-226 mortise lock resembles what you have here. The compatible keepers are the 89-020, 89-021, and 89-021D. Review the specifications for these parts and see what you think.

Pricing can be found on our parts' respective store pages and all orders can be placed on our website at your convenience! 

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.