Lock and sash aren't working properly

A quick learner from BC says:
Hello!

Upon moving into our home, we discovered that one of our windows doesn't fully close and lock, so the window is always open just a tiny bit. Upon inspection and tinkering, it looks like the sash on the right side of the window doesn't work with the locking pieces on the window itself, so when the locking lever is used, the sash doesn't move, and doesn't line up with the pieces on the window to pull it in that last bit and lock it.

I'm not sure how to proceed with replacing parts or which to get and would be grateful for help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3B9650BE-6EF1-4CBC-8658-9EABBDC0BCB3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 41BD9A60-D9AE-4F91-BB96-19EDD8ABE454.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 168E6C42-E196-4802-B85B-5C778A482683.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 662827BE-FB42-4C0F-A6F9-E92C144BB0CC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 040D1B13-2091-4830-89ED-1BF9B3FD13A1.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but I'm not sure what you mean by the window not working with the locking hardware. Do you suspect that the locking hardware is improperly installed, damaged, or wrong for the window?

I can say that the lock shown in your photos matches our 38-207. Is that part functioning properly? If so, please confirm what, if anything, is broken since I don't see any obvious damage in your photos.

If the window isn't closing or lining up properly, then it may be a problem with the hinges instead of the lock. I'd recommend checking those parts as well to ensure that they're not clogged with debris, askew, or otherwise damaged. Thank you. 

A quick learner says:
Hi! Thank you for the reply!

The anatomy video doesn't show the parts I'm having issues with. I tried to search for a diagram online, and from what I can tell, the parts are the "keeper" and the "locking cam" (the long flat metal piece that sits on the inside on the window frame that the locking handle articulates to catch the keeper on the window.

I hope that helps! I'm not sure how to go about ordering these new pieces and fixing them.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CCD8363B-1DE6-4134-B049-69C4729480A6.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Looking at your second photo, I believe that the "activator leg" on the 38-207 needs to be in between the two "locking rollers" on the tie bar. I would suggest removing the lock, then reinstalling it with the activator leg in the correct position. If necessary, you should be able to move the tie bar in place to install the lock correctly.

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.