Locking Handle for Silver Line 5800 Sliding Glass Patio Door

A home owner from Pittsburgh, PA says:
I have what I believe to be a Silver Line 5800 Sliding glass door. It currently has a handle that is not keyed on the outside. I would like to replace the handle with a externally keyed locking handle. Do you have a part that would work for this? Would I need to replace the multi-point mortise lock and keeper to accept the new handle?

Thank you!
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Unless your mortise lock isn't operating correctly there will be no need to replace it. If you could show us pictures of your existing handle set, we'll be able to identify the right options for you. Many thanks.

A home owner from Pittsburgh, PA says:
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Here are pictures or my current hardware. I hope this helps.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190310_235632771_iOS.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190310_235642754_iOS.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190310_235653728_iOS.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190310_235703578_iOS.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190310_235707395_iOS 1.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thank you! I recommend our 82-044 outside handle and 82-315 key lock. This should work well for you.

A home owner from Newark, NJ says:
I do have to replace the mortise lock for the same lock above. Which keeper and mortise lock would you recommend?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The mortise shown in the photos above looks similar to our 82-265, which is compatible with the 82-249 keeper. You should double check to make sure all dimensions match up, though.

A home owner from KS says:
I to have a 5800 series sliding door with a non keyed lock

i would like to put a key lock on it, what do i need

Mike
Profile picture of Bob

Hey Mike. Can you show us pictures of your existing hardware? There's a lot of variation with handle sets that are irrespective of the door code or brand, so pictures is the best way to narrowing down what you need. Many thanks. 

A quick learner from Mahopac says:
Hi just want to add an outside key lock for this thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2521.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2522.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2523.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Sure! My recommendation would be to just replace the full handle set with our 82-086. This is the same style as you original, but with an exterior key lock already built into the outside handle. I feel very confident that this will work for your application.

A home owner from Naugatuck CT says:
I do have to replace the mortise lock. Which keeper and mortise lock would you recommend? Also screen door lock.
I will be sending pics also
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Hello there. This looks like the 82-265 Mortise Lock and 82-249 Keeper. Please compare. Let us know if you have further questions, and we'd be happy to help! 

A professional from Connecticut says:
Hello I'm looking for a keyed outside handle for this silverline patio door lock my customer has. The center to center screw measurement is 3-7/8 or 3-15/16
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230925_160349.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230925_160357.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230921_091653.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230921_091109.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230921_091057.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for reaching out to us! It looks like your thumb lever is in the lower most position on your handle; with that in mind, I'd suggest the 82-030B. This comes with an exterior key lock set in the lowest position and is available in white, black, or beige.

If you have any doubts as to the position of your thumb lever, I'd be happy to assist. I'd just need a photo of the door with the handle removed and I can tell you which position is best.

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.