Locking mechanism

A handy person from USA says:
The locking mechanism that is located in the door jam track has broken and I need a new one. In the picture you will see the part unbroken.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 623A1FF6-3DA5-4D5B-84CF-1549AB0D554D.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. I'm unfortunately not familiar with this keeper. Would it be possible to see the lock that it connects to? Would it also be possible to see a clearer photo? Much of it is blurry and it's a little difficult to make out the complete design.

A handy person from USA says:

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I am away from this home currently. I've added two more photos that I had taken previously. Perhaps those will help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named AFEC1115-F691-4E08-B532-93124ACE051F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3202C57C-8666-4D6A-BFF4-90C8505E47E4.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! This is a huge help. My first thought would be the 89-042. This is commonly used with the 82-26B lock, so if your existing mortise is a match for that then I think the 89-042 is strongly worth considering. Look it over and see what you think.

Dimensions for 89-042
Dimensions for 89-042

A quick learner from Palm Springs says:
Thank you so much for your help. I have ordered the part! Have a great day.
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome, thank you! Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.