Locking mechanism for casement window

A home owner from Illinois says:
What can I replace this with-in black?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement lock
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we would need to start by seeing the lock removed from the window so that we can see how it engages with the window linkage. We'll relate a few videos on this page to assist you. Thank you! 

Wow! Thanks for quick response videos! I am adding a photo, but it looks like 38-095 would be the like for like replacement! Sadly it does not come in black, correct?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock fork
Profile picture of Casey

Hello,

I agree that your lock is a similar style to the 38-095 but we've related a few locks on this page for you to consider, depending on the fork projection. Review the dimensions below to determine which, if either, is the better replacement for your original.

Alternate view of 38-095
Alternate view of 38-095

Alternate view of 38-095
Alternate view of 38-095

Side view of 38-096
Side view of 38-096

Alternate image for 38-138
Alternate image for 38-138

Alternate view of 38-138
Alternate view of 38-138

Alternate view of 38-139
Alternate view of 38-139

As for color, neither lock is currently available in black, but I would be happy to look into that possibility for you. I just need to know which lock is a match and I can then check to see what alternate finishes are available.

Hi! 38-95 seems to match all dimensions, including the hole centers.
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for your patience as we checked on the color options available for the 38-095. It turns out that we can supply this lock in black but it will take about 5-6 weeks for them to come in. We will follow up with you as soon as they are available for purchase. 

Amazing! We will be patient! We will need 5 of them once they come in.
Profile picture of Casey

Great, we appreciate your patience and please let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime. 

Profile picture of Casey

Good news, we have added the black color option to the 38-095 product page, which is now available for purchase.

Amazing! I just ordered everything I need to transform my windows and match my kitchen! Thank you so very much!
Profile picture of Casey

We're happy to help and appreciate your business! Just let us know if you need anything else. 

How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.