Looking For Replacement For Keyed Exterior Patio Mortise Lock And Keeper

A home owner says:
I have an old mortise lock on a sliding patio door which no longer seems to function properly to engage with the keeper. It is a keyed exterior lock. Photos show the keeper, the exterior of the lock and the interior of the lock. Outside it locks with a key. Inside it uses a little slide mechanism that goes up for lock and down for unlock. I'm not sure what's wrong with the mortise that it no longer engages with the keeper, or it might not ever have properly engaged or fit that keeper. The length of the entire item from top to bottom is about 7 1/4 long. No name or brand on it...as you can see it is pretty old! I need a replacement of this item to be able to lock the door from the outside, as well as the proper keeper or a set that matches so I don't buy the wrong keeper or guess at the type of keeper this unit needs. Any help would be appreciated!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named interiordoorlock1a.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named exteriorlock1a.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named keeper1a.jpg
A home owner says:
I've added two photos of the latch mechanism, with the latch in the "up" position and the "down" position. This is what is not catching the keeper, or easily pulling away from the keeper with a little tugging on the door, so it can't be used anymore as a safe locking device.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named latch1a.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named latch2a.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. Our 82-002K and 82-008K look like they could be good replacements. The best match will depend on the orientation of the locking hook on your old handle. The 82-002K comes with a keeper but the 82-008K does not. The compatible 89-003 keeper is sold separately. Look these parts over and see how they compare with your old handle. 

How to install the 82-002K sliding door handle key plug
How to install the 82-002K sliding door handle key plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
How to replace a sliding glass door handle set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.