Looking for Window Pivot Bar and Sleeve

A home owner from NYC says:
Hi. I can't a pivot bar carrier with the same dimensions as the picture above or the pivot bar. Can anyone help me out please. I've tried the pivot bars and carries 26-398, 26-405, 26-237, and 26-236 but none match hole placement in my windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window_Hardware_2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window_Hardware_3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window_Hardware_2.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not carry an exact replacement for your pivot bar assembly but the housing resembles the 26-458 except that the pivot bar that comes with it is a different style. We also offer the 26-224 and 26-352 depending on how the specifications compare to yours. We can't make any guarantees but look over these parts to see if you might be able to adapt them to work for your application. Thanks for posting!

Dimensions for 26-458
Dimensions for 26-458

End view of the 26-226 pivot bar
End view of the 26-226 pivot bar

Alternate image for 26-352
Alternate image for 26-352

Alternate view of 26-352
Alternate view of 26-352

I think these may work. Thank you. Do you know which coil balance 26-458 and 26-352 this would be fit?
Profile picture of Casey

If you need new coil balances as well, we would need to see your original balance hardware removed from the window to compare to our inventory since our pivot bars are compatible with a number of different pivot shoes. 

I'm unable to remove the coil balance right now. I do know that S140-12 fits perfectly and I have a few spare from Swisco, but not sure if the pivot bars your mentions, 26-458 and 26-352, would fit it. I have attached a picture of the coil balance still installed and the show is broken, if it helps at all.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2023-12-20 at 11.47.02_7e6aee38.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2023-12-20 at 11.47.02_525d8dc0.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

I can't be positive with the hardware still installed but your pivot shoe resembles the 15-177, which uses the S152 coil springs. Both of our pivot bars should fit the metal cam but you will need to compare the backset of the installation holes to ensure that you'll be able to install it in the sash frame. 

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

I was able to remove the coil balance after some convincing. It does look similar to the parts you mentioned before. The coil has a bend at the end where it attaches to the shoe.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2023-12-20 at 12.43.29_46bb12eb.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2023-12-20 at 12.43.29_94e41c54.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WhatsApp Image 2023-12-20 at 12.43.29_d0c771ba.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

We do not carry your coil springs with the same curved ends, unfortunately, but the Series 152 springs will work with the 15-177. The springs are attached to the side of the shoe with a screw instead of hooking onto it. 

Thank you so much. We really appreciate your help. I'll order these parts today.
Profile picture of Casey

Great! We're happy to help and please let us know if you need anything else. 

Hi. I just received the parts and all looks good. For the Series 152 springs and 15-177 shoe which type of screw is recommended to ensure the spring stays in place?
Profile picture of Casey

Past customers have used the 33-072 screw to attach the S152 coils to the 15-177 pivot shoe. 

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.