Looking for casement window operators.

A contractor from Virginia says:

Hi. I'm looking for replacement casement window operator. I need both left and right operator, but has been unable to locate this.

I was not able to find window manufacturer's name on this window, but most likely Pella since double hung windows in the house has Pella logo on the lock.

If this is discontinued, is there a possible generic replacement operator that can be installed with some modification?

Thank you.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'd be happy to see if we carry a good match for your operator, but I will require a photo of the original first. Seeing it removed from the window and without obstruction would be ideal; figure that the more of it that's missing or obscured, the less likely it'll be that I'll recognize it.

Another thing to keep in mind is that if this is a Pella brand window then using off-brand parts is off the table. They deliberately design their hardware so that you can't use any replacement that's not identical to the original part. The amount of modification it would require to adapt, say, a Truth brand operator to work in a Pella window would be so extensive that you may as well just buy a new window at that point. It's neither cost effective nor a worthwhile investment of energy.

But let's not put the cart in front of the horse. Let me get a look at your operator first and then we can work from there.

A contractor from Virginia says:
I had submitted multiple pictures on the original post. I don't know what happened to those pictures. Let me try again.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Full View
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator Arm
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Arm
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Base
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator Base
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you!

Your operator resembles the 39-175 and 39-176 Pella operators. Please review the overall dimensions to confirm a good fit! Let us know what you think and if you have any additional questions. 

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.