Looking for a Balance

A quick learner from Tewksbury MA says:
Looking for a balance for this window. Wasn't sure if you could identify this window by the tag . It's a pull in window and the string snapped from the balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E204E535-CC12-4798-BF19-8D15CADC7796.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. We may be able to help, but Owens Corning windows use a few different kinds of balances. The best thing to do is to remove the old hardware and show us photos. We may have more questions from there, but that will at least get us moving to identify exactly what you need. You can read about all the different kinds of balances we carry here

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 62B6F718-4030-4DF4-A297-0054872E77B8.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DEF4E1E4-4561-47B6-97C4-5801D63EEF5E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 03D1BCD2-C2F0-4731-B1A9-A385147D1901.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A66CA4C5-ECFB-47C3-8983-B55B90CC4ADB.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 8FF85068-FCC5-4FD3-8025-7BA145BB3558.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Thank you. This definitely helps narrow things down, but it's unfortunately not yet a sure thing. What I can tell you is that this is likely a tilt window channel balance, but the balance you're showing me is too damaged for me to make a singular recommendation. Might you have an undamaged version we can see? I'm explicitly interested in seeing the top end, bottom end, and the clip or shoe at the end of the cord. Seeing how it connects to the sash at the bottom and how it connects to the window track at the top are essential details.

Hopefully this helps cause I would have to go back to customer house to remove a good one
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B79AB2CE-963A-4707-8713-126A9393569A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E274FF3F-0FF1-4100-8F36-29CC85B5986F.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Thank you. Based on the design of that pivot shoe, there is a good chance you have our Series 770 channel balance. However without seeing an undamaged version to verify, this is just an educated guess. Your next step is to review its design and fittings and see what you think.

So I was interested in getting 770 series balance with a new pivot shoe that slides into the Chanel and if it all works I'll order more for the customer to have backup
Profile picture of Bob

Sounds good! Your shoe appears to resemble our 15-135, but you'll need to review our dimensions to verify. The same goes for the balance, the Series 770 remains my best guess, but the terminal clip at the end of the cord will confirm it.

All orders can be placed on our site at your convenience. 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.