Looking for shoe replacement and spiral balance

A landlord from Missouri says:
I have several tilt windows that do not stay up when opened. I'm pretty sure the spiral balances need to be replaced. But also 2 of the shoes are broken. 2 questions. 1) based on the shoe in the picture, what replacement shoe should I use and 2) does the color tip look yellow or white or should I just weigh the sash? The tube of the balance measures 27" x 5/8" and I only see red, blue, and black tip. Unfortunately, live in an area where I'm having a hard time finding anyone to help fix and resorting to fixing ourselves but want to buy the right tools. Haven't seen any shoes that look like what we have, and it looks like the spiral balances are actually in plastic tubes not metal. Will your products work and what ones? Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named White Tip Spiral Balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spiral Balance Shoe
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us! We do not carry an exact replacement match for the shoe in your photos but our 15-046 Pivot Shoe should work well as a suitable replacement. Although, to confirm that this is the right fit, you'll need to carefully look over the dimensions and compare them to your shoe. If they are not a match, please let me know the written dimensions and I'll be happy to provide better replacement recommendation.

Alternate image for 15-046
Alternate image for 15-046

Your spiral balances, based on the confirmed dimensions, should be the S600-27. Your tip does appear to be an off-white color, which we typically recommend replacing with the red tip balance. However, it would be best to obtain the exact weight of your sash to ensure it falls between 7 to 29lbs. If it weighs between 31 to 40lbs, you'll need to the black tip.

Our metal tube balances will work as a suitable replacement for your plastic tube balances. The only difference is the material its made from.

The process to remove and install your balances will take a bit of handiwork, however, it is very possible to do as a DIY project. It'll just take a bit of patience. If you get stuck, take a look at the tutorials below from our Swisco YouTube channel. In addition to these two, there are a few others tagged below this thread. (If you would prefer not to use the cutout method, take a look at the video titled How To Remove Window Pivot Shoes. (This uses the 75-069 Jamb Spreader Set.)

A landlord from Missouri says:
THANK YOU! Ordered parts and watched videos. Worked out great with very limited issues and all windows are fixed and working now. We'll absolutely order again if we have issues with other windows. Amazing fast service. Truly appreciate all of the help.
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

I'm happy to help and glad your repairs went smoothly and efficiently! Please do not hesitate to reach out with any other hardware repair projects you have. We'll be more than happy to assist.

Have a great day!

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.