Looking for similar spring to the 70-097

A quick learner from Lake Worth FL says:
I am trying to find replacement springs for screen. I found your Product Code: 70-097 and it looks like the correct spring. The width is the same as the spec.220" and the end width is the same .160" with the same end shape but the screen dimentions are a bit different.

They are 2.94" instead of 3.06" which I think should not be a problem since it will flatten the spring just a tad and the square holes in the spring are .185" high by .200" wide (almost square). You say the dimentions should be 165" high and .180" wide. I suspect that this is just a slightly different punch size and a larger hole should fit.

I am trying to place these for the HOA where I live and they will be purchasing a large quanitity to supply 540 homes for replacement springs.

BTW I am a mechanical engineer.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting on SWISCO discussions.

I believe the 70-097 will work for you, the addition of 0.12" should not prevent these springs from working in your window screen frames. The only way to be sure though, is to order a few sample springs and to give them a try. If the springs do not work you can return them (see SWISCO's return policy).

Let me know if I can help you any further.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.