Mastic Window Balances

A professional from Pawling, NY says:
I have a client who needs a pair of these balances for an older Mastic Vinyl Replacement window. Approximate frame size = 33 3/4 X 52 3/4.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230513_095309.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230513_095314.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can't ID what you have here just yet. I would need to see this balance, in undamaged condition, removed from the window along with any attachments. Would that be possible?

Yes, I'll take it out this weekend and send a pic to you then. Thanks.
Profile picture of Emily

Great, we will be here to help!

I have attached additional photos of the balances. They are 24" long and the sash is 30 11/16 w x 26 1/4 h. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231029_101025.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231029_101058.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231029_100124.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

We're almost there! I'm not able to ID this just yet. Can you show me a photo of the clip attached at the end of the cord? It may also be helpful to see the pivot shoe. 

I'll get back to you in a few days with it.
I have attached photos of the pivot shoe along with clip from an undamaged balance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231104_132954.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231104_133021.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231104_133031.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks so much for the additional photos! My recommendation is the Series 770 channel balance. This anchors to the pivot shoe with a different clip than the one shown here but it should still work. However, you'll need to weigh the window sash on a scale to determine the accordant stamp option. If you need a new pivot shoe, start by taking a look at our 15-129, 15-135, 15-152, 15-167, or 15-179 depending on the dimensions of the old one. 

Thank you! Can you not delete this thread for a few days till I can confirm the sash weight. Thanks again.
Profile picture of Emily

No problem, this thread will remain open for your review. 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.