Metal bifold closet door pin

A home owner from Boston says:
Hi,

I found that the floor pin on my bifold closet door has been worn out. Does your company offer this kind of parts or something similar that we can replace broken piece?

Thanks,
Phoebe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230314_152239.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20230314_151913.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Phoebe.

We sell a lot of bi-fold pin assemblies like this so we'll need more information to help us track down a match. Would it be possible for us to see an undamaged version of this pin removed from the door? We would also like you to write out the diameter of the pin shaft and the diameter of the nylon cap, where it fits into the track.

A home owner from Boston says:
Hi,

The pin only has a metal cap. The outer diameter of the cap is 3/8". The diameter of the pin shaft is 5/16".
Is it possible to snap a metal cap onto the pin instead of replacing the pin by taking down the door?

Thanks,
Phoebe
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

For the door to glide without scraping the track, the end piece will be nylon. Your pin looks like our 21-033 but I recommend you compare the specifications with yours to see how they match up. 

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.