Mfr: MCV-1 A-L-I Validator Series 030/060 Horiz Slider Sash Lock Replacement Needed

A quick learner from Sacramento, CA says:
I am in need of replacement sash locks for these horizontal sliding windows. The lock itself seems to have a R/L and the catch has number 9134. The other part of the lock has the numbers 92 58. We tried replacing it with a slide-co 171915, but the catch on that lock was the wrong size. Everything else about that lock fit perfectly. We have a fixed keeper. I have located other parts (rollers and vent stop), but can't locate replacement locks. The window manufacturer sticker is shown, but I can't seem to find anything meaningful from that either. We are also looking for replacement weather stripping that you can see is damaged, but first things first with the locks. Hoping you can help. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0386[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7978[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7980[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0382[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0379[1].JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Do the dimensions listed below match your old lock? If so, it's probably similar to our 90-274, save for those alignment nubs in the rear. We don't have an exact match for your face mount keeper, but either our 90-237 or 90-041 might work as substitutes. Both are compatible with the 90-274, so they might work for you as well. Please compare. You will almost certainly have to drill new holes in your sash with either of these keepers, so you should take a look at how much space you have and see which would be a better fit. If either could work, then it's simply a matter of preference. Note that if you do decide to go with either of these locks, just make sure you're careful when you drill. You don't want to cause any damage to the glass.

Dimensions for 90-274
Dimensions for 90-274
Alternate image for 90-237
Alternate image for 90-237
Dimensions for 90-041
Dimensions for 90-041

A quick learner from Sacramento, CA says:
Unfortunately, those dimensions do not match the lock. My lock is 2 1/8 or 2 1/16 on center. Also, I was not planning to replace the keeper as it is fixed in the window and I am not sure how I can replace it. (See the pic) The keeper 90-237 looks similar to the one in place.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

We unfortunately don't sell a lock with a 2-1/8" hole spacing, but we do sell a 2-1/16". See our 90-278. This is a very important dimension, so you need to be sure of it before you buy anything.

The keeper should just be screwed to the bottom of the top sash. To access the screws, you'll need to tilt in or fully remove the bottom sash.

Dimensions for 90-278
Dimensions for 90-278

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.