Milgard ~1995 casement window weather strips needed

A home owner from Mill Valley CA says:
I have two Milgard opening casement windows circa 1995 and the weatherstripping has degraded. I don't see any part numbers on the inner corners of the windows between the panes, but there is a sticker that says: MFGR: MIL-027-1 SERIES: 5420-C MST: 5-3 x 8-1 MVT: 61" x 33"
Are you able to determine anything helpful foe the spacs of the weather stripping from these specs? Thanks.
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

I'm afraid we aren't. The information given here doesn't tell us anything about the hardware your window uses. In order to help, we will need you to remove an undamaged sample and upload a clear photo of the end profile.

A home owner from Mill Valley CA says:
Attached pictures are of a piece of the weather stripping that is inserted in a channel around the window frame edge (and seals when the window is cranked closed). One picture is a close-up that allows one to see the construct of the weatherstrip. The other picture {pdf) has some notes and measurements.
To summarize, there are no serial numbers of any king on the inside frame of the window (between the panes) or on the glass. On the inside of the strip there is a plastic insert that runs lengthwise down the entire strip. The plastic piece is in the shape of a "T" on its side (but with an extra shorter (1/4") leg on the base - see the left side of the photo being 1/4" and this is the part that slides into the channel in the window. The top part of the "T" is about 3/8ths". The middle of the "T" that connects the 2 ends is the same size as the bottom part (also 1/4"). The remainder of the strip is some kind of flexible outdoor vinyl or other material. Although it was difficult to accurately measure the entire side due to the curvature, it is about 3/4". There was likely some foam or other insulating material inside the vinyl covering.

Please let me know if this helps narrow down what work to replace the original. Milgard (and the two dealers I approached couldn't have been less helpful. End user support at Milgard is non-existent for older products, and without an identifying number, I can't determine if it was sold with a lifetime warranty or a limited warranty. In either case, the house was built in 1995; I bought it in 1997. So I do not have the construction records to determine the specs of the windows/weatherstripping.

MANY thanks for your advice.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named casement weather strips 2 close-up.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for getting back to us! I'm sorry to say that your weatherstripping was discontinued and is no longer available. Our 58-170B comes to mind but we can't promise it will work. Take a look at the dimensions and see if you think this could work for your casement window. 

Profile view and dimensions for 58-170B
Profile view and dimensions for 58-170B

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.