Milgard Tuscany Windows

A handy person from Temecula, CA says:
I need to order new vent latches to replace the "child proof" versions that came in our second story windows. We don't have children and using two hands and having to open the shutters is a pain. My windows were just recently installed so they are new. Can you tell. me if the part below would fit my windows?

Vent Latch
Product Code: 26-122

Thanks
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us. The 26-122 is only meant to work on windows that have a pre-existing hole specifically to accommodate vent latches of this size. If no such holes exist in your window then I'm afraid it's not a contender. 

Our 26-387 is an aftermarket latch kit that is made to be used on windows that don't otherwise have accommodations for such hardware. The video below will show how to install it. 

How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
How to Replace a Window Vent Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.