Milgard Vinyl Window Snap In Stripping

A home owner from Bradley, Ca. says:
I'm in need of the trim pieces that snap in around the perimeter of my Milgard vinyl windows. The ambient heat radiating from my neighbors house that burnt to the ground damaged these pieces on two of my windows. I do not know the model Milgard windows these are and can only identify them as being manufactured sometime in the early 2000's.

Window #1 is 54" x 72"
Window #2 is 24" x 60"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Damaged Glazing Bead
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Missing glazing bead
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

It sounds like you're looking for a new glazing bead. We'd be happy to see if this is something we can help with but we'll need more information. Could you remove an undamaged sample of glazing and show us a photo of the end profile? 

In the meantime, feel free to browse our selection here

Additional photos add for your review.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named vinyl end profile
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named end profile specs
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you kindly for getting back to us. We don't sell this exact glazing bead but the 55-015 and 55-015-3 are similar. Our dimensions are off from yours but take a look and see if you think this could work for you.

If you're interested in a sample, let me know! You'd just have to pay for shipping. 

Profile view of 55-015
Profile view of 55-015

After close review of my existing trim and careful comparison to your recommended alternative, I do believe this alternative will work just fine. However, my only concern would be how these new pieces will match up to the remaining original pieces still installed on the windows. Consequently, I am not sure if I should order for only the missing/damaged pieces or simply order enough to replace all the trim on the entire window/windows. I sincerely appreciate your offer to send a sample, since a small sample piece will help confirm how much I need to order.

Thank you for the wonderful customer service. Below is my shipping address and please let me know how best to forward payment for shipping of this sample piece.

Thank You,

Timothy 

Profile picture of Emily

Sounds good, Timothy! I will email you a link that will allow you to add a sample of the 55-015 to your cart. You can then checkout as normal. 

I'll be here if you have any questions! 

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.