Milgard casement window crank (34" x 46") - right side crank

A handy person from Sammamish, WA says:
I have multiple Milgard casement windows (34" x 46" and 34" x 58") with cranks on the right side and left side that need replacement. These are ~22 year old windows.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240310_145601[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240310_145637[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240310_155842[1].jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20240310_161858[1].jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. This is most likely the 39-253LB and 39-253RB Dual Arm operator. Just confirm that the appendage at the end of the straight arm is the 39-529 square-shaped track slide, sold separately. If it is a rectangular shaped track slide instead, let me know. 

For new covers and handles, see the 39-375 and 39-376, or the 39-451 and 39-452, depending on the style you prefer. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

A handy person from Sammamish, WA says:
Thanks for identifying these replacements for right and left crank windows.

I have a question on the crank and cover assembly. Would I be able to remove the current crank handle and cover and install it on the replacement crank assemblies? The crank handle pulls off and it looks like the cover is attached from below by two Allen head screws.

Or, do I need the right and left crank handles and cover to fit the new crank assemblies?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

That would depend on when your operators were made. Older operators unfortunately aren't designed to allow their covers to come off; instead, they're permanently affixed. It's only in comparatively newer models where the covers can be popped off and replacements popped back on. 

You'll have to check to see which type you have. If the covers can be removed, you should be able to do it very easily with your fingers. Otherwise, you will need the new covers.

How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.