Millgard Patio Door handle

A quick learner from Kent, WA says:

Have bought and returned 3 door handle sets. These pictures are after I removed parts and threw some out foolishly. What I need is the handle 4-15/16 with slide lock, and the mortise lock. I believe I can still use the part where lock hooks into. Do not want door mounted mortise lock. Want the one that goes inside the door.

Can you help me find the right replacement? Appreciate your time and assistance. Have a blessed weekend!

Donna

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230810_122803.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230810_122817.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230814_175035.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230803_200444.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230807_064819.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. It's difficult to identify exactly what mortise would work on this door without the original as a reference, however based on the space available there is a chance you have something like our 82-218.

The problem is that the 82-218 isn't commonly used with a handle set that has a 4-15/16" hole spacing. To be more specific, we don't sell any such handle. We do have a small handful of 4-15/16" sets in our inventory, but none are compatible with the 82-218.

That's your biggest issue right now. The best I can offer you is probably going to be our 82-030. This is a very versatile handle that is fully compatible with the 82-218 mortise, but it has only a 3-15/16" spacing. That means that you would need to drill new holes in order to install it on your door.

This is all only assuming that the 82-218 is what your door needs, which isn't a guarantee. At the end of the day this is only a guess, and you may not want to make such alterations to your door based on a guess alone.

A quick learner from Kent, WA says:

The one I took out looked likes this: Roto Single Point Mortise Lock 82-269

Any chance this would work with Mortise Style Handle Set, 4-15/16"

Product Code: 82-080

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

The 82-080 and 82-269 are compatible with each other, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they'll fit on your door. Primarily I don't think the 82-269 will fit properly in the space available for the mortise.

You can give it a try if you think that would give you an easier installation down the line, but I am not optimistic. 

How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
How to install the 82-218 Mortise Lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
How to install the 82-030 Handle Set
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.