My traco window falls when opened

A quick learner from Pittsburgh pa says:

Yes. I have traco windows installed back in 2004. The one window will not stay up falls and slams right back down. What do I need to replace this. Also my latch's are broken to can you help please. Thank you Craig

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Tilt Latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Assembly
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Based on the issue you are having with the sash, it is likely you'll need to replace the coil balance assemblies. To determine the exact replacement, I'll need to see a clear photo of the assembly, preferably removed from the window channel. You'll also need to remove it to confirm the stamps/markings from the coil balance springs; this will determine the spring strength needed to support the weight of your sash.

There is a chance you may also need to replace the sash pivot bar installed at the bottom corners of the sash.

In regard to the tilt latch at the top corner of the sash, I believe you can use the 26-243 and 26-244. To determine if these would work as a suitable replacement, carefully look over the dimensions shown below.

Alternate view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243

Profile view of 26-243
Profile view of 26-243

A quick learner from Pittsburgh says:
This is what I need.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Housing
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the photo. Your coil balance housing looks similar to our 15-087 Coil Housing Pivot and the part attached to the top appears to be the 15-086 Tandem Coil Housing. To confirm that these are the right fit for your window track, be sure to carefully review and compare the dimesnions.

Detail of 15-087
Detail of 15-087

Detail of 15-086
Detail of 15-086

These coil housings are both compatible with the Series 180 Coil Balance. To confirm the coils you need, check for any stamps/markings on the coils. If there aren't any, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of your sash and divide that number but four (the number of coils in the assembly).

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.