Need Simonton pivot bars and shoes

A quick learner from Burke, VA says:
I have ten Simonton double hung, tilt-in windows from the 90's that have issues. Several have broken either the pivot bar or the shoe, or both as I fix up this house.
For the lower sash, weighed in at 15.4 lbs on the 31.5 width x 51 height windows, of which I have four, the coil is stamped "408"
I didn't weigh the 35.5 x 51 window, qty 3. or the 35.5 x 56, also qty 3.
Do you carry the replacements for these?
I likely need 10-12 pivot bars, and a similar number of shoes or shoe/coil assemblies.
Do I need to have the weight of the larger sashes?
Thank you,
Anderw

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named simonton coil .75 width.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named simonton pivot bar.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named simonton coil 408 face.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! Your Simonton coil balance pivot shoe is no longer made but we do have a replacement solution that will work for you. Take a look at the 15-259 pivot shoe. Take a look over the dimensions below and compare them to your existing shoe to confirm.

Dimensions for 15-259
Dimensions for 15-259

This shoe should fit well in the track, along with the S159 coils springs. For the coils stamped with a "408", you'll need the S159-8. For the other windows, you'll need to confirm the stamp from the springs or the exact weight of the sash to confirm the spring strength. If you need to use the sash weight, you'll need to take the total weight and divide it by the number of coils in the window.

This assembly uses either the 15-255 single support or the 15-256 double support. 

Also, keep in mind, to use this assembly the original pivot bars would need to be replaced with our 26-083.

Take a look at the video below for an explanation on how to convert this balance assembly.

A quick learner from Burke, VA says:
Thank you for the prompt reply, I have watched the video and now just need to weigh a few more sashes as I found some are 17lbs and some are 15.4lbs.
The 17s had two coils, but with new 8.5 coils, I would only need one per side, correct?
Is there an issue with using the 8.5 coils on the 15.4lb sashes? Easy to open, harder to close?

Thank you,
Andrew
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Andrew,

My apologies, the Series 159 does come in .5lb increments. With that said, for the 15.4lb sash I would suggest using the S159-7.

For the 17lb sash, I would suggest using the S159-8. You should be fine using just one coil.

I hope this helps!

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.