Need dimensions for S152-7 lb coil please

A handy person from Hamilton, Ontario Canada says:

I need dimensions for your Series 152 - 7 lb coil balance springs please. I need to buy a coil spring of 1/2 inch wide, max diameter of 1-1/4 inches, and with a length of around 30 inches.

My window sash weighs 14 lbs (on bathroom scale) so I want to buy 2 x 7 lb springs (one on each side). My original window springs broke after 20+ years (as shown in the photos) because I think they originally had the wrong weight springs installed. The window erroneously had 2 x 12 lb balance springs installed (i.e. 24 lbs springs for a 14 lb sash), which I think explains why it was always stubborn and difficult to move. The old coil springs were a double spring set, and always stuck and ended up bending and breaking as we fought to open and close the window. So I want to try 2 x 7 lb coil springs and need to know if yours are the right dimensions please & thank-you!

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230707_154015.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230707_153944.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. The Series 152 Coil Balances are a 1/2" wide and have a travel length of about 40"; however, this tends to not be the most reliable way to determine what springs will work for your window. Do you have the original pivot shoes in the window that the springs attach to? The identity of the pivot shoe dictates the correct coil balances. If you can show us that shoe, that will determine everything else. 

A handy person from Hamilton, Ontario Canada says:
Hi, here is a picture of the original pivot shoe. It doesn't have any identifying marks on it, so not sure this is gonna help much. The coil springs attach to it by a single screw near the top right side. I was thinking to buy the S152 coil balance because its screw hole and end tab closely resemble the old coil spring (to my eye anyway).

The windows were originally sourced 23 years ago from a local Hamilton company called "Award Windows" and of course we called them for service but they claim they didn't manufacture the original windows and the company that made them is out of business; also they wanted $500 to come and replace the failed coil spring(s). So I'm good paying for two new S152-7's, if of course, you think these might fit. The 40-inch coil travel would work. Also please confirm the S152-7 coil balance has a maximum diameter of 1 1/4 inches?
Thank-you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230623_184817.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This photo is a huge help, thank you! I recognize this pivot shoe; it's an older design that is no longer made. However, I can say with confidence that it was explicitly designed to work with the Series 152 coil spring.

With that shoe in mind, and given your dimensions, I strongly believe that the Series 152 is the product you want. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.