Need help identifying which channel balance to get

A home owner from Oklahoma City says:
Hello,

I have visited your website and am having some trouble identifying which channel balance I need for my issue. The channel balance length is 28" and width is 1/2". It looks like I have an S351 as the shoe width on my balance is 1". The thing that is tripping me up is that the example on the website has tabs on the top part and my balance does not. Does that matter?

Any guidance that you could provide on what window balancer I need would be greatly appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ChannelAssembly_Shoe.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ChannelAssembly_stamp_code.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ChannelAssembly_top.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Assembly_top_side_view.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ChannelAssembly.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. Good eye. Because only the top fitting has wings and the bottom lacks them, I'd be inclined to say you have the S395-28. However, the Series 395 has a shoe that is 1-1/8" deep. See the diagram below for reference. Double-check the depth of your shoe. Since it's possible your old balance's shoe has worn from age, it might be good to check the other balance in the window, or from an identical window in the house. Let me know if this depth still does not match up. 

Assuming the S395-28 is correct, for a stamp option go with 2730. 

Close up view of the S395 balance shoe.
Close up view of the S395 balance shoe.

A home owner from Laredo tex says:
I need de part num 2730 28' is correct series 395 channel balance?
please confirm
Profile picture of Bob

Hello again. So long as the bottom shoe is 1-1/8" deep, then the S395-28 is the balance you need. Let me clarify about the stamp option. The stamp option designates the strength of the channel balance--it is not a part number. In your case, go with 2730, which designates a balance that can support a window sash in the weight range of 13 through 19 pounds.

A home owner from Laredo tex says:
Please inform if this series is the correct one to replace the parts I need. I attach a photo
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0123.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

The photo in question unfortunately does not verify what Series you have. This only shows me the stamp, which we've already established as 2730.

Your next step needs to be to measure your shoe and compare it to the diagram I shared above. If it's the same size, then that's your top pick. If not, you need to tell me what size it actually is so that I can find you a better match.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.