Need help removing coil from the window.

A quick learner says:

cutting these out is posing difficulties. I would have to cut into the window track in order to get it out.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SCP.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Scp3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named scp2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named scp5.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named scp4.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Have you seen our video below that demonstrates how to make a clean cutout in the jamb to remove your coil balance hardware? If not, take a look and let us know if you still have trouble. 

As for replacement coil balances, we offer the 15-192 pivot shoe used in Certainteed widows, which uses the S170 and S171 coil springs, along with the parts listed under the related items section of the 15-192 product page. Please note that some customers have reported that they needed to shave the front of the shoe down to install it in their window jamb.

We also offer a conversion video shown below that works for both Certainteed and Simonton windows that use this type of assembly. Take a look and review the full process below and see which option you'd prefer for your repair.

A quick learner says:
Yes, I have watched the video. My pictures I posted show the difficulty I am having. Cutting out is not working as explained.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

It does look like your window cutouts are a bit on the small side and may need to be enlarged a bit in order to replace your coil balances. If you're having trouble determining where to extend the cutouts, it may be a good idea to get a local professional involved to ensure that the cutouts do not interfere with the operation of the window.

It's possible that whoever worked on your windows in the past may have used jamb spreaders similar to our 75-069 set to access the window hardware. Keep in mind that we do not generally recommend these over the cutout method since they are quite expensive and are not able to be returned for a refund. It is also important to be careful when using jamb spreaders since the vinyl can crack under too much pressure. 

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.