Need help with my Pile Weatherstripping

A handy person from Maryland says:
Hello there, I'm trying to identify which Pile Weatherstripping I need for my sliding door, I attached a picture with the numbers the door has in the glass also the Pile Weatherstripping measurements. I'll be more the happy if you can help me with this issue.

Antonio
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pPg Herculite K
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Patio Door Stamp
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Weatherstrip Track
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Patio Wool Pile Track
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Weatherseal Track
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for writing in! I'm sorry to say that I would not be able to identify the pile weatherstripping needed for your patio door based on the photos provided. Unfortunately, the stamp from the window does not provide enough information and I am unable to determine the size needed from the photos of the track.

Take a look at the tutorial below. In it we explain the details needed to properly identify the weatherstripping.

Hi jasmine,

I forgot to attached the pictures of the measurements but I think the width of the base is 3/16 and the high also 3/16. You can see the pictures and with your experience tell me if I'm right or not.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Wool Pile Height
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pile Base Width

Thanks for the photos. It does appear that the measurement is somewhere around 3/16", however you may want to double check with a measuring tape.

We have two styles of wool pile with a 3/16 x 3/16" measurement. They are the 58-002 Pile Weatherstripping and the 58-021 Gray Pile Weatherseal; the latter is made with a fin-seal in the center of the pile.

Hi Jasmine,

I think I'll get the 58-021 Gray Pile Weatherseal with a fin-seal in the center is likely more effective at keeping insects and cold out due to its additional sealing feature.

Hello,

Okay, great! Yes, the fin-seal is there to provide just a bit more protection from weather and debris.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Have a great day!

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.