Need hinges--I believe these are Silverline casement windows, circa 2002

A home owner from Delaware says:

Hello. We recently bought a house in Delaware with mostly non-working casement windows. I replaced the operator arm with a replacement for a GU/Silverline operator and they worked great. I need to replace some hinges, both top and bottom, on several of the windows and am not sure what to buy. Based on the measurements and my eyeball assessment, the 2-Bar Hinge Set, 10" with Product Code: 36-048 seems to be correct. But I am not sure of that and hope you can provide guidance based on the photos and the fact that the GU operators worked for these windows.

Thanks. George 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator Arm
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hinge
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hinge 2
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Hinge 3
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hi George, thank you for posting,

I agree that the 36-048 2-bar hinge is our best option for a replacement as long as the track is the same length. Please note that you will need to replace both the top and bottom hinges at the same time. Please review the video below and let us know if you have any additional questions! 

Thank you Lauren.

Based on my measurements when I was last at the house I think they do match up. I will order some and see how it goes!

I had already watched the video and hope my project goes as easily as that one did....

Thanks.

George 

No problem! Let us know how your repair goes and if you have any future hardware questions. 

One last question. I already placed the order but realized that it was not clear (at least to me) that the 2-piece hinge set is intended for upper and lower on the same window, and that you need another set for the other side. And that they are therefore reversible as to left and right openings. Is that right or am I overthinking this!

The set includes one hinge for the top and one hinge for the bottom per window sash. If you are replacing for multiple sashes, you would need a set per sash. The hinges are compatible with both left and right opening windows. I hope this clears things up! 

Hi Lauren. You were absolutely right. Those hinges worked great on the old Silverline windows.

But now I have a new issue on one window. The metal fitting on the bottom of a window that has the pin that connects to the operator crank arm is rusted and the pin is broken off. My new operator arm and hinges can't work since there is no place to attach the arm. Please tell me you have that piece!

Thanks. George 

Hi George, great to hear about the hinges!

As for the other part, I believe you are referring to the stud bracket. Looking at your original pictures, please start by taking a look at the style of the 39-513 or 39-514 depending on the orientation needed. Review dimensions and let me know what you think! 

Thank you Lauren. Spot on again!

I will order one of each since I can't recall which side it was and I would not mind having a spare since there are rusty ones on some other windows.

Much appreciated.

George

No problem! Please let us know if you have any future hardware questions. 

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.