Need replacement coil springs, pivot shoe, coil support/tilt assist, and tilt buttons

A home owner from 61752 says:

Good afternoon!

I have three of the same-sized double hungs (regular Low-E w/ GBG) that the bottom sash weighs exactly 20 pounds. Including original order number from 20 years ago. I have attached a picture of the tilt button, spring, and tilt assist. I ordered the tilt buttons, but as you can see, they are too short. Also including photo of pivot shoe. Again, I need three sets for both LH and RH sides of the sash/frames. Thank you for your help!

Andy  

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named coil springs tilt assist and tilt buttons.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-8815.PNG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-8816.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Andy. The pivot shoe looks like our 15-199, which works with either 1/2" thick Series 160 Coil Balances, or the 3/8" thick Series 165 balances. You'll need to remove your old assembly and compare the thickness of your old coil springs with either option to see which is what you need. You mention the sash weighs exactly 20 pounds. If you have the Series 160 springs, you can just use the S160-10 10 pound springs, one for each side of the sash. This will equal 20 pounds of support overall. If you have the Series 165 springs, you'll need to use a pair of the S165-5 5 pound springs on either side of the sash. This will equal 10 pounds on either side, for a total of 20 pounds overall. Let me know if you have further questions about this. 

For the tilt latches, can you remove an original version and show us pictures of it from a few different angles? That will help narrow down your options. 

A home owner from 61752 says:
Wow on the response, Bob!

Here are some pics of the tilt buttons. They look to be about 3" on the nose for the overall length from tip to tip. The coils are 3/8" thick... and I apologize for not mentioning this, but I have a triple coil balance - do you have those coils and the covers?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-8817.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-8818.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-8819.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-8820.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-8808 (1).jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to me! These tilt latches might be our 26-243 and 26-244; but compare all the dimensions listed in the diagrams below to be safe, including the size of that little clip on the underside.

Alternate view of 26-244
Alternate view of 26-244
Profile view of 26-244
Profile view of 26-244

For the coils, if they are 3/8" wide then you want the Series 165. Now, although your original setup used three coils per side, you don't have to replicate that with the replacements; the number of coils don't really matter; what matters is the amount of the weight the coils can support on each side of the sash is A) symmetrical, and B) supports the overall sash weight. So if the sash weighs 20 pounds exactly, then just using a pair of S165-5 5 pound springs on each side of the sash will get you the support you need. One benefit of this is that it's significantly easier to install a double coil assembly than it is a triple assembly! 

For a new cover, use the 15-150D. The video below shows how to install a similar triple coil system. Let me know if you have further questions. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.