Need replacement operator made by Truth

A handy person from california says:
My casement window operator was having a hard time opening and closing. When I unscrewed it from the window frame, I noticed some of the teeth on the gear had worn away. So I guess I need to replace it but not sure what parts to get. It's made by Truth as etched on one of the arms. I need both a right and a left. Also, I don't know how to remove the operator arms from the window. They don't seem to pop off like I see in videos.

Thanks for the help!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BFE8DC82-FEE8-4997-B1A2-A05555C3A630.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0906A3FB-3E64-41FA-8208-92E212E62243.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15B50EAE-AB0E-4BB7-8675-201F1A2A8B0F.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Your casement window operator looks a lot like our 39-089 and its opposite handed version, part 39-090. The compatible crank handle is part 39-114L.

Take a look over the dimensions for the operator to determine if this is the replacement you'll need.

Dimensions for 39-089
Dimensions for 39-089

A handy person from california says:
Thanks for the reply. The only difference is that on my operator, the arm segment connecting to the sash is about 3", while yours is 5". Is it possible to make yours work? How?
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry to say that we do not carry an operator that has the same sized link arm yours does. However, there is a solution that could possibly work for your.

For this project, you will also need to purchase the 62-014 rivet, in addition to the 39-089 (or its opposite handed version). The tools you will need are a hammer and a drill.

Please review the instructions below:

Step 1. On both the new operator and your existing operator, you'll need to drill out the rivet where the link arm is connected to the gear arm.

Step 2. Line up the hole of the old link arm to the gear arm of the new operator and insert the rivet.

Step 3. Use the hammer to flatten the rivet, securing the arm in place.

Then you should be all good to go to install it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.