Need replacement part

A quick learner from Saint Louis MO says:
This channel balance is 31 inches long.It came out of a metal window frame that is easily 20 years old. The only stamp I can find reads 3050 BSI?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231117_140140.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231117_135956.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231117_135938.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231117_135923.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like you may have balances similar to our S770-31. The stock version of this balance attaches to the top of the window jamb with a screw but yours uses a rivet at the top for an s-clip like the 19-029 or 19-030. It also looks like your new balances will need the 62-105 hook attached to the end of the pulley cord, which often attaches to a pivot shoe like the 15-105. We can supply these balances with the hook and riveted top that you need but it will need to be a custom order. 

Alternate image for 62-105
Alternate image for 62-105

Open position 15-105
Open position 15-105

View of 15-105 in the Closed Position
View of 15-105 in the Closed Position

Alternate view of 15-105
Alternate view of 15-105

Before we get started, we'll need to confirm the exact weight of your sash since your balance stamp does not match any of our strength options. We'll also need to know the number of balances that you need, with the minimum being two. Since this will be a custom order, it is important to confirm all of the details before moving forward with an order. Thank you! 

Hello Casey and thank you for getting back to me.

1. You're calling this a custom order, does that mean you have to produce a one-off piece of equipment or are you sending me parts you already manufacture in a non-typical configuration?
2. Will I need to assemble parts myself or will these be ready-to-install right out of the box?

The sash weighs approximately 33lbs. At this time, I only need to order 2x replacement balances and I would install as recommended. Because this is a metal framed window, I would prefer to use the existing Pivot Shoes as they are not damaged.

This window is part of my apartment complex and everything is the approximate same age. I have a Federal Tax ID and operate a property management business. Do you offer discounts if I set up an account with Swisco? I expect I'll need to order more replacement parts in the future.

A phone call would be appreciated if this will be a complicated exchange.
Thank you,
Rob
Profile picture of Casey

This is a custom order because we do not carry the balance configuration that you need as a stock item, which will require attaching the 62-105 hook to the pulley of an S770 balance, as well as adding a rivet to the top to accommodate your S-clips. These balances would come preassembled with the pulley hook and rivet attached to the metal channel. Keep in mind that the S-clips will not come with the custom balances but can be added to the same order directly from our website if needed.

We do not offer any discounts but you are welcome to set up a business account to streamline the ordering process in the future. You would just need to email help@swisco.com to start the process. 

Lastly, your 33-pound sash weight can be supported by either 31E or 31F strength options as shown in the chart from our product page below. Just let us know which strength option you'd like to go with for your replacements and we'll be happy to send over an order link and price quote. Please note that our part experts do not have direct phone lines, so all correspondence related to your custom balances will need to be discussed through this thread. 

Stamp Option Sash Weight Range

B: 13 to 19 lbs

C: 19 to 24 lbs

D: 24 to 29 lbs

E: 29 to 33 lbs

F: 33 to 37 lbs

If you are able to create the order for me, then please send the link. I'll take 2x of all the necessary parts. I would prefer option F for 33-37 lbs to ensure ease of opening.
Thank you for your assistance. Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for confirming. We just sent over an order link and price quote for your custom balances. If you need new s-clips or any other parts, they can be added to your cart directly from our website to purchase with the balances. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

I placed the order before you sent this response. I thought you included all the parts I needed in the quote, and I do not know if I will need S Clips. As you stated, the old system was held in by rivets. Hopefully I am able to install the missing balance with ease, but if not, I will reach out with additional questions.

Thanks again.
Rob
Profile picture of Casey

I'm not sure if you need s-clips or not. I only mentioned it because that is the part that generally attaches to the rivet to install the balances. If you do wind up needing them, they can be purchased as stock items directly on our website. 

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.