Need replacement wheel and assembly

A quick learner from North Salem, NY says:

Please advise which replacement kit I could purchase from you. I have a total of 5 sliding doors.

Each are double pane.

H=79" - W=49"

Thank you,

Mark

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200827_134335.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200827_134305.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200827_134300.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200827_134249.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200827_134242.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello, Mark. I can't determine what you have from these photos. We need to see a clear picture of this roller out of the door before we can offer anything. I specifically need to see it from the top, side, and rear. Dimensions of the roller housing itself would be particularly helpful.

Tom,

Thank you for your response. I'll remove the door completely and send better pics asap.

Mark

I hope these are more helpful.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200912_155934.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200912_155924.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200912_155908.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200912_155645.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200912_155624.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

These photos are perfect, thanks. This looks like a dead ringer for our 81-082. Look it over and let me know if you had any questions, or if yours differs in a some way I didn't notice.

Hi Tom! Thanks. It looks perfect. Question though... The ones I'm replacing have nylon wheels. I saw you have a steel option. My frame is aluminum that it will be rolling on. What would you recommend?

Thanks again for all you help and especially the quick responses ?

Sincerely,
Mark
Profile picture of Tom

We typically recommend sticking with the same type you have now, but it's up to you. Think of it this way: nylon wheels are kinder to the track, but tend to break sooner. Metal wheels last a lot longer, but they're a little rougher on the track. It comes down to whether you want to replace the roller or the track in, say, ten or fifteen years time.

Another thing to consider is corrosion. Metal wheels are more prone to rust, especially in salt air environments. Nylon wheels don't have that problem. If you don't live near the ocean, though, then that's less of a concern.

Thank you. Thwhe house is 50' off of lake Waccubuc. Although it's fresh water, we're still prone to slightly higher humidity, wind, and other elements. I'll take the opinion about replacing the roller as opposed to the track and go with the nylon.

You've been a great help Tom! Thank you again for everything.
Profile picture of Tom

It was my pleasure. If you had any other questions, you know where to find me.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.