Need the rectangular part

A quick learner from Huntington NY says:
Hi! I'm looking for the latch part of the images I uploaded. I went to Home Depot and they have nothing. The house is old and the windows are super old!! Any idea on what type of part I would need for this?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F9DD65CD-F045-4F21-A3AA-F141134DDC17.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 383ED8B3-4977-4E16-BCCA-D639A9EFDBEF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C79AF118-4A95-45CC-9112-AE90544E4D29.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CA23CAF9-A2EB-4EA5-A9D5-8AE38461A1EB.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You weren't kidding, this is some old window. What's difficult about identifying your lock is that the sweep part of it seems to rivet directly to the window frame itself. I can tell you with confidence that very few locks work like that these days. I don't think you'll be able to find this anywhere.

Most locks we consider "old" rivet onto a base first, which then screws to the window frame. I say "old" because these are still more modern than what you have here. See our 90-021 for example. You may be able to get something like this to work on your window but there are two issues you have to consider.

1. It may not fit in your old keeper. We have keepers that are compatible, like the 90-108 or 90-114, but that brings us to the second issue, which is...
  2. Drilling new holes into the window frame carries the risk of hitting the glass and shattering it. If you want to try to use one of these "newer" locks as a substitute, this is something you have to be very mindful of. Double, triple, and quadruple check your measurements, and if you have any doubts, don't push your luck. 

If you're handy, then I think you could get a lock like this to work on your window frame. If you aren't sure, though, then my recommendation would be to get a local professional to come out and do it for you.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.