Need to identify matching channel balance replacements

A quick learner from Irvine, California, USA says:

Hi,

I need to replace both the channel balances on my sliding window. I have attached photos of existing channel balance.

One channel balance says 2520 and other one says 2540. Is that expected? Don't we need both the channel balances of same number?

The length of metal part (excluding plastic ends) is 25 3/4" and width is 0.5"

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0517.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0518.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0520.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0521.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0524.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We can supply your replacement balances but it will need to be a custom order due to the length, extended travel pulley system and unique combination of end attachments. Before we get started, you are correct that the balances on both sides of the window should have the same stamp code. Someone may have installed a similar balance with a different stamp that they happened to have on hand rather than locating an exact match. To determine the correct strength option, we'll need you to confirm the exact weight of your window sash. From there, we'll be able to send over an order link and price quote. Thank you. 

Thanks Cassey for getting back to me! I will weigh the windows sash and update you over here.
Hi Casey,

The window sash weighs 19.4 lbs. Can you please let me know the matching option and send the order link?

Regards,
Prasad
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. We just sent over an order link and price quote for two 2540 stamped balances to support a sash between 19-25 pounds. Please note that these balances come with a 25-7/8" long metal channel, not including the end fittings, which should match your assembly. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks Casey! Just to confirm that the channel balances come attached with end fittings and I don't need to assemble any parts on my side, right?

I also have one of the windows with broken lock. The part of the lock attached to the window sash is broken. The cap of the lock is fine. So I need to replace the entire lock. See the attached photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0528.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0527.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Yes, the balances will come preassembled with both fittings and the pulley clip attached. 

As for your window lock, our 90-252 latch and 90-253 cover may work as a replacement, although I can't make any guarantees. Review the dimensions below and see what you think. 

Alternate view of 90-253
Alternate view of 90-253

Alternate image for 90-252
Alternate image for 90-252

Alternate view of 90-252
Alternate view of 90-252

Alternate view of 90-252
Alternate view of 90-252

Hi Casey,

Looks like the window latch 90-252 and cover part 90-253 with ALMOND color is a perfect match! Can you please send the order link for these 2 parts?

Regards,
Prasad
Profile picture of Casey

We did send you an order link for your custom balances on 12/7. The 90-252 latch and 90-253 cover do not require order links since they are stock balances that can be purchased directly on our website. Just let us know if you need anything else. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.