Need to replace channel balance

A home owner from Florida says:

Hi,

We need to repair the channel balance for all my 20 windows, and I'm not sure what to order. Can you please help me out?

We leave in South Florida and the house was built on 2002

I have different sizes, also one window is (29 9 JT CMC 2)

Looking forward to hear from you soon

Thank you

Raiza

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1172.HEIC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1175.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1170.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1181.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1180.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! It looks like you have either the S380-30 with a 1" shoe or the S385-30 with a 1-3/32" shoe. The metal channel of these balances is 30", so you'll want to double check that this is the length you need. 

To determine which series is needed for your window, look over the dimensions from the diagram below to confirm the depth of your bottom shoe. Let me know if it does not match either measurement.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

I am not able to cross-reference the stamp so you'll need to obtain the exact weight of your sash to determine the option you need. There is a chart below the product description of the balance you need (see the link below for your balance). You'll be able to select your stamp option by identifying the weight range your sash falls between.

In regard to the top sash guide in the corner of your sash. Yours appears to be similar to our 18-166. Look over the dimensions and compare them to your existing top sash guide to determine if this is the right replacement.

Detail of 18-166
Detail of 18-166

Profile view of 18-166
Profile view of 18-166

Hi, good morning,

I found out that we have the S360 (in different sizes) and the sash is 18-166.
What about the guide?
these are all what we have:

(5) windows 30" (29 3 F BSI)
(1) window 18" (17 3 F BSI)
(1) window 30" (29 6 F BSI)
(1) window 30" (29 4 F BSI)
(1) window 30" (29 9 JT CMC 2)
(2) windows 27" (26 5 BSI IB)
(1) window 27" (26 3 IC BSI)
(1) window 27" (26 3 GT CMC 4)
(3) windows 27" (26 5 BSI IB)

Can I order a set to fix one window to be sure it will work?
Thank you

Thanks for confirming. Although, I'm not certain what guide you are referring to, unfortunately. I've recommended the balance needed as well as the replacement top sash guide according to what is in the photos. I'll need to see a photo of any additional parts.

You are more than welcome to order as many balances as you need to ensure that they will work. However, if you have confirmed the measurements, then I am confident these are the balances needed for your window.

In regard to the other stamps you'll need to confirm the same information from each balance to confirm that all of your windows need the Series 380 channel balances. 

When you are ready to purchase the remainder of your balances, you'll be able to click the link above for to access the list of balances, once you've selected the length, you'll then select the option needed. For example, the 18" balance would need a 1730 stamp since it is marked with a 17 3.

The only stamps from the list that you cannot cross-reference are the ones marked ending in the number '9'. For those, you'll need to follow the instructions detail in my first response.

The order will need to be placed through the website from your online cart or by reaching out to our customer service team at (888) 991-1929, if you need assistance with placing the order.

I also need Those little "clips " or guides, I'm sorry but I don't know how it's called
Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1218.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1219.jpeg

The part you are searching for in this photo appears to be the 67-026 face guide. Take a look over the dimensions and compare them to your existing guide to confirm.

I am confident this is the replacement you'll need.

Dimensions for 67-026
Dimensions for 67-026

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.