Needs Crank Handle

A quick learner from USA says:
It sits on the top but does not engage. Please let me know your return merchandise procedure.

I have included photos to show approximately what the gearing looks like.
Thank you,

As close as I can measure, it looks like it is 5/8 of an inch.

Oddly it fits over the Anderson crank, but only goes down partway, and does not engage with the gears on the actual window casement crank.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named John H1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named John H2.JPG
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I will do my best to assist you. 

Funnily enough, I had a similar problem on the Andersen operators at my house. What ended up being my problem was that the cover wasn't set down all the way into the sill. In addition to this, the 39-286 handle spline teeth are set back a little too far in the hole. This isn't something you'd notice in most applications, but if the cover is giving you less clearance than this would be an issue. While the 39-267 fits some Andersen operators made in specific years, it is not itself a true Andersen product.

More specifically, the 39-286 is generally used on older style operator covers. Since yours is so new, that might be the issue. Either way I would suggest a more updated and genuine Andersen brand part like our 39-267. This handle has the spline teeth much closer to the end of the hole, so they shouldn't have any problem setting into the spline. 

Otherwise, I would see if you can try to get the cover to set down a little lower. That might fix your problem in and of itself.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.