New Balances & feet for Simonson window

A quick learner from Saraspta Fl says:
I need replacement parts as pictured above. I assume I will need new feet for the window base to fit into the new shoe as well. Can you help me identify the parts I need?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil balance parts
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Cracked cover
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your pivot shoe reminds me of the 15-228 but there are some stylistic differences. The determining factor would be how the dimensions compare to yours. If it's a match, this shoe is compatible with either the 1/2" wide Series 160 or the 3/8" wide Series 165 Coil coil springs. To determine which of these series you have, you'll need to confirm the width of your coil spring and locate the number stamped on your original springs to choose the corresponding strength options. The support hardware can be found under the related items section of the coil spring product pages. Thank you. 

Dimensions for 15-228
Dimensions for 15-228

I've written down the measurements on the paper in the picture along with the numbers stamped on the screen. Is that enough information?
Profile picture of Casey

I'm sorry about that. I did see your width measurements but missed the stamp code written at the top of the paper. You would need either the S160-5 or S165-5 coils depending on the width of the originals.

The 1-1/4" width of your pivot shoe does match the 15-228 but the 17/32" depth is just as important. 

The depth of the picture was 1/4 inch. The width of the spring is 6/16"
I made a mistake, the Pivot shoe is roughly 1/2 inch thick. It seems the white housing is the part that keeps breaking and the spring seemed to be fine. Is it okay just order the white housing 15-150T and the new pivot shoe and use existing springs?
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we do not carry a version of this pivot shoe with a depth of 1/4" but the 17/32" depth of the 15-228 is just under 1/4". There's a good chance that it would fit in your window jamb but you may want to double-check your shoe with a more precise tape measure or calipers to confirm. I would also recommend checking the width of your coil springs since the only similar options that we offer measure either 1/2" or 3/8". 

I made a mistake, the Pivot shoe is roughly 1/2 inch thick. It seems the white housing is the part that keeps breaking and the spring seemed to be fine. Is it okay just order the white housing 15-150T and the new pivot shoe and use existing springs which are just shy of 1/2" thick
Profile picture of Casey

If your coils are just shy of 1/2", you most likely have the 3/8" wide S165 coils. You should be able to reuse the original coils if they are still in good condition but keep in mind that these springs are used with the 15-205 triple support. 

Alternate image for 15-205
Alternate image for 15-205

Alternate view of 15-205
Alternate view of 15-205

okay thank you. Will the existing fee attached to the windows work with the new shoe? Also will screww 32-020 work with the new support?
Profile picture of Casey

I'm sorry but I'm not sure which part you're referring to that would need to work with the shoe. If you're referring to the pivot bar that engages with the shoe cam, they should be compatible but feel free to show us a photo of your pivot bar uninstalled to confirm. 

As for the screw for the support, the 15-205 requires a #8 pan-head screw. The length would depend on the space that you have in the window jamb.

okay thank you, yes I am referring to the pivot shoe. Thank you for all your help I think I have what I need!
Profile picture of Casey

Great, just let us know if you need anything else. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.