New channel balances needed for non-tilt windows

A home owner from Arizona says:
First, greatly appreciate it if you can assist me with this effort and apologize for the length of this message but I figured more information was better than less.

I need to replace the channel sliders for a couple of my double hung windows (photos are attached), and since the windows are 15+ years old, I am going to replace all of them at the same time.

I need the channel balance along with the plastic parts (catches on the clip) at each end of the balance. All of the metal channels for all 5 windows are 29 inches long (this does not include the plastic parts at each end) and 1/2 inches wide.

Here are the specs I have:
Front window: Photo attached, stamp say 2830, and window weighs approx. 12.5lbs.

TV & 2nd Bedroom windows: Photo is attached, stamp says 28 4 11, and window weight is approx: 26 lbs.

Windows adjacent to Front Door & Back Door: No photo as I did not want to take apart the window. The stamp format (red in color) is the same as back Window photo but the stamp says: 28 6 10.

I do not know why the stamp numbers are different for the last 4 windows as each window (the pane that moves up/down) are the same dimensions (30 inches high and 46 inches wide, double paned), so I assume that I would need the same channel specs for the last 4 windows.

Based on my research of your website, I believe I need your 29" 380 channel balances for all 5 windows, the Front window would be 2820 and the other 4 larger windows would be 2840 but I defer to your expertise.

Thanks again in advance for all your assistance and I look forward to hearing from you, Bruce
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Back Window.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Front Window.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Bruce.

We appreciate you reaching out to us. I'm afraid I can't confirm what Series of balances you may have. I would need to see clear and unobscured photos of the top and bottom fittings. 

If all of these windows are identical, they should have the same stamps. My recommendation would be to weigh each sash to confirm the proper spring strength option needed for the replacements. Or you could stick with the original stamps on these balances if the windows have been working this whole time without issue. The decision is ultimately up to you. 

A home owner from Arizona says:
Per your request, attached are 5 additional photos of the channel balance. One photo shows the stamp "28 4" and the pane is approx 26lbs, which led me to believe I need 29" 380 model 2840. Hope this helps and you can know advise me on what channels to purchase. Thanks, Bruce
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0820.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0818.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0817.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0816.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0815.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Based on what I see here, my recommendation would be the S395-29 with the 2840 spring strength option. Take a look and see what you think. 

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.