New channel balances, same old problem

A quick learner from San diego says:
I bought eight channel balances on order 2068263.

I bought this house new, 20 years ago, and haven't done anything with the windows until now. I started this project because one window started creeping up when I closed it. I'd close the window, then the sash would creep back up about an inch or so.

And it's happening again with the new balances.
A Swisco rep asked for pictures and the glass size as we're trying to troubleshoot my issue.
The visible height of glass portion of my window is 32".
Here's a picture of the new and old balancers.
One of the new ones' cords is crossed.
Both windows weigh 20.8 lb
I did discover that they have different balance manufacturers
but in theory should be the same.
Please note that the one that's marked IG5 is a slightly different channel balance. That one actually works best.
All have a 34 inch metal length.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230503_083501.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230503_083615.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230503_083938.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Thanks for reaching out to us. Based on your description of the issue, it sounds like the springs might be too strong compared to the weight of the sash. When a sash drifts up like that, it means that the upward force provided by the balances is more than the downward force provided by the weight of the sash.

I see that between the 8 balances you bought, 6 had the 3330 option and 2 had the 3340 option. The 3340 option is definitely too strong for the 20.8 pound sash, since it carries 23 through 28 pounds. That would account for why those sashes are drifting up. When you have that kind of tension pulling up on a 20 pound sash, the balances will win every time.

Where I'm confused is with the 3330 option, which accounts for most of your order. These carry 18 through 23 pounds, which should have been perfect for your sash weight. At the risk of asking you to do something you've already done, can you triple check that weight? Can you also verify that this happened for both the 3330 balances and 3340?

Reviewing your photos, I don't see anything else that would really explain why the sash is drifting up. The only explanation for that is having a spring that's too strong.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.