New window balances

A handy person from Manchester New hampshire says:
Looking for replacement window stays or balances for my simonton windows. Looks similar to some you have listed on your site but I wanted to try this for more assurance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230605_074054.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230605_074050.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230605_074134.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us. I recognize what you have here. We don't have an exact match for this but our 15-259 shoe and Series 159 coil springs are my picks. Our video below will detail the replacement process as well as the additional parts you will need. 

Would you recommend what size(lb) spring? These are standard size double hung windows.
Profile picture of Emily

That depends on the weight of the window sash. If you can get back to me with the exact weight, I can calculate what you would need from there.

Each sash weighs approx 14 to 15lbs.
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for getting back to us! We recommend using (1) S159-7 7.5-pound spring on each side of the window. This totals 15 pounds of overall support and should work for you so long as the spring weights are within a pound of the sash's actual weight. You will also need the 15-255 coil support since you're using one coil spring per side. 

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.