Non Tilt aluminum double hung windows with fixed top sash

A handy person from Cohoes, NY 12047 says:
I am looking for replacement parts for this hardware. The saddle assemblies are approximately 4 inches long, top to bottom, including the swinging hook at the bottom, 2 inches deep, front to back, and 1 5/8 inches wide, side to side. The hook assembly latches up to the bottom of the saddle, and when you want to remove the window for repair, it unclips and swings down, then it catches on a screw that is in the jam, to hold the saddle and spiral ballance in place so you can lift the window up to remove it.
I work in the maintenance department at Cohoes City Schools, Cohoes, NY.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0807.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0818.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0819.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0820.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0822.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. After extensive research, we believe you can use our 15-232 as a replacement for your old carrier. We are still working on getting in the new version brackets for you to replace the item pictured on the far right, but production is delayed due to the quarantine. Please allow a few weeks for us to have stock made up. I will let you know the moment it is available.

If you also need new balances, please let us know.

A handy person from Cohoes, NY 12047 says:
The carrier that I have needs the swing down hook. That is what locks the carrier from retracting up, so that the window can be removed for repair, or to replace the balances.
Profile picture of Tom

Your exact style isn't made anymore, but the 15-232 is the direct replacement that Caldwell, the manufacturer, suggested. They made this part specifically to replace your old one.

Profile picture of Tom

I have good news! Our new 17-098 bracket is now online and available for your review.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.