Non functioning sliding patio door latch

A handy person from visiting San Diego living in Maryland says:
The sliding door was installed in the Plaza Condominium San Diego in the early 1970's. Label embossed on door locking mechanism is "Door Master Manufactured by Ralph Long & Sons El Cajon Calif." Included are photos of the latch mounted to the slider, the device that hooks into it, two views of the part, and a sketch with dimensions. It appears that the angled part in the center of the part has been bent causing the latching device to not catch and lock the door. I am reluctant to try and bend it back since I believe the part is quite brittle and could break. As an aside, the sliding panel of the door is mounted on the outside of the fixed panel which precludes securing the door by placing a stick in the track or installing a security bar. So it is important that I find a replacement for the damaged part. Any help or advice you can provide for replacing this part or for securing the door is appreciated. I notice that your company started when this door was installed so hopefully, in some long-forgotten corner of your warehouse there is a box these. Thank you very much.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Plaza Latch 10.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Plaza Latch 6.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Plaza Latch 2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Plaza Latch 1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Plaza Latch 4.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We did carry a patio door keeper similar to yours at one time but, unfortunately, it was discontinued. Our closest option would be the 89-018 but we can't make any guarantees since it's not an exact match. Review the specifications below to see if you might be able to adapt it to work for your repair. Thanks for posting! 

Alternate image for 89-018
Alternate image for 89-018

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.