Old Sash/Balance

A quick learner from Little River South Carolina says:

Good Morning

I have brought a house where several of the windows will not stay up. I am unable to find the model number or the name of the manufactory of the window. There is a logo on the window lock that is MW.

I understand these parts are outdated, can you assist me in getting new parts for my windows?

Thanks

James 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named damaged rod balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named black shoe top
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named P shaped hook
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pulley and spring
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named black T fitting
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there James!

You're correct when you say this balance is outdated. This old rod type isn't made anymore but we do have a modern replacement. See the Series 795. As long as the spring diameter is 1/2" (we recommend checking to be sure), you can watch the video below that will go over all the details you'll need regarding the replacement. 

Good Morning

I was able identifying the parts I needed by the information provided in your email. Thanks, it was very helpful.

Before I order the parts I need for my windows, I need assistance in identifying two more parts for my windows. I have attached pictures as the video requested. ( I will send another email for the other part needed).

The pictures are for the window tilt latch.

Thanks for your assistance.

James 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named topside of latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named underside of latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tilt latch tooth
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named beige tilt latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PAT NUMBER 513929

Good Morning

Second part needed for my windows is the weather stripping. I have attached a picture to help identify the part. If you need more information let me know

Thanks

James 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BULB SEAL WEATHERSTRIPPING
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Our 26-243 and 26-244 tilt latches are similar in design. It's a bit tough to be certain about the weatherstripping since it's worn but the 58-171, 58-182, and 58-183 come to mind. I recommend reviewing the specifications for these items to see how they align with your old hardware. 

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.