Operator and hinges

A quick learner from Colorado says:
I am looking for an operator and upper/lower hinges for this window. The operator arm is 9 1/2" from roller to bend before crank. The upper and lower hinges have 10" mounting plates with a 5" swing arm.
The hinges are stamped with 385-1 R or 1 L according to location at the top or bottom. I believe you can see the stamp on the hinge in the picture.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window arms
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Base
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top hinge
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look at the 36-048 hinge set. These have the same 10" mounting base as yours and are versatile replacements for many casement hinges. Take a look at the replacement video below to help you through the process. Thank you!

Hi Casey, Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I think hinges should work. The operator however needs to be a bit longer. I attached a photo below. I measured to the bend in front of the operator instead of to the center of the operator.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator arm
Profile picture of Casey

Unforutnately, we do not carry a version of your operator with an 11" long arm. I think your best bet would be our 39-027E and 39-028E. I don't know if anything else we carry will replace this old operator. It's better to go with a shorter arm (9-1/2" in this case) than longer, since the worst that can happen in the case of a shorter arm is that your window won't open up an extra couple inches. With a longer arm, the window may not close all the way. 

Dimensions for 39-027e
Dimensions for 39-027e

You may also need a new handle and track. See our 39-114L handle and 39-533 track.

Ok that makes sense. What parts do I need to attach the hinges to the window. I think there are clips that hold that onto a pin. Is that right and do you have those parts?
Profile picture of Casey

Our installation video shows the 36-048 hinge set and 75-034 hinge wrench that we offer for this repair. The hinges come with detach clips that allow the sash arm to pivot from the base. 

We also recommend safety gloves and goggles. We generally recommend using the original hinge screws but we also offer the 33-011 if you can make new installation holes in the frame. You would just need to be careful not to hit the glass inside the sash. 

How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.