PAL windows PARTS

A home owner from New York says:
The pivot bar on the window is part number 26-226 and need the left and right pivot lock shoes and the springs that are used on the same window.
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to say that I would not be able to identify the replacement shoe or balance springs you need based on the pivot bar. I'll need to see both the shoe and the balance, removed from the window to make the best possible recommendation. It would also be best to have them removed so that the measurements are accurate when comparing them.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.

Parts are removed and the pivot lock shoe size is exactly the same as 15-177 .

The broken spring has a hook that engages onto the lock shoe and has a letter D mark on it. The sash weight is 13.5 Lbs.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance & Pivot Bar
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Pivot Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Back of Coil Assembly

Thanks for reaching out! It looks like you have our 15-177 Coil Balance Shoe. To confirm that this is the right replacement, carefully look over the dimensions from the diagram below and compare them to your shoe. Although, I am confident this is the replacement you'll need.

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

This shoe is compatible with the 1/2" thick Series 152 Coil Balances. Since your sash weighs 13.5lbs, I would suggest using the S152-7 Coil Balance.

You'll need the 33-072 to secure the coil spring to the shoe. You may also need the 15-143 Coil Bushing, 15-144 Coil Bushing Cap, and the 15-145 Coil Barrel Support.

Thanks very much for your professional advice and expertise . All parts recommended are on their way to me already .
Thanks a lot!

I'm happy to help! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any other hardware repair projects you might have.

Have a great day!

How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.