PELLA SPRING LATCH

A quick learner from Master Bedroom says:
I installed the latch but now it's not spring loaded
Is there a spring that recoils the latch back up??
Also the top spring where two plastic pieces ones broke
Do you have replacements for that? I need one screw the one that's broken
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3165.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3166.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3167.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble. Please allow us to look into this a little further and we will reach back out the moment we have more information available.

Thank you!

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, our inventory of this style of Pella screen latch is very limited because Pella has discontinued it without offering replacement parts. For the latch not springing back, the removal frequently bends the "tension pin" inside the door out of place, which results in a floppy latch. A screwdriver can be used to gently bend that pin back in place, regaining its tension. 

Unfortunately, we are no longer able to supply the old Pella trolley i your second and third photos since they discontinued it. If Pella can't get it for you, then your only hope is to contact a local Pella dealer who still may have some of these in stock. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.