Part identifier inquiry

A quick learner says:
Hello.. I just got around to installing the new SWISCO spiral balances.
There is a problem attaching the spiral balance to the existing Pivot Shoe.
- The 2 catcher nobs at end of the spiral balance are spaced a wee-bit longer than that of the original spiral balance. As a result, the new Spiral Balance is not fitting correctly into the existing Pivot Shoe. (See pics- the new spiral balance has the silver/metal casing)
- My pivot shoes were in good shape so I did not order replacements.
- I am afraid this will cause a problem in the future...
What do you recommend for a fix?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231002_132805_Original.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231002_130230_Original.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20231002_130209_Original.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2058.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2056.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I haven't come across this problem personally but I'm going to have one of our senior experts take a look and see if they could recommend a solution for you. We'll reach out as soon as more information is available. Thank you!

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, your balance and pivot shoe was made before the spiral balance locking pins became a standard 7/16" distance. Unless you can bend the metal locking hooks up to allow the locking pins to slide into the pivot shoe, your best bet may be to use different pivot shoes. If so, we would need you to remove your pivot shoe from the window and write out the exact width and thickness to determine the best replacement option. 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.