Parts info

A quick learner from Buffalo ny 14226 says:
On the arm that moves the window in and out, says Anderson 7073a under neTh that a R.
The locks themselves work fine, anderson7047r.
I can open and close the window, just not tightly. And when I go to unlock the window to open it, it's as if the window does not move out a bit when the lock is released. And the lock handle has to be forced down to get the window open. And there is a loud thud noise. Please help asap. selling home in two weeks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Base
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Crank arm
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Locks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Stamp
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We can't be sure without being there to troubleshoot the problem but I did notice that there doesn't seem to be a hinge under the operator arms, which should be there to support the weight of the sash. If one of the hinges is missing, that could certainly be contributing to the problem. If you could show us photos of the top hinge that connects the sash to the frame, that would help us narrow down your options. Thank you! 

I will give you a photo of what you are requesting tomorrow. Thank you so very much for helping me. I am so desperate to fix this window that I love it since it's the last original window in the house. But i need to sell this home and have it on the market by the 15th of this month. Jim
Here are images. I looks like there was only ever one? So odd right
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Handle
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window open
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator arm
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Operator mechanism
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Base
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

I do see that the bottom hinge is missing but there must be a hinge at the top of the window sash. Otherwise, the sash would have fallen out of the frame. We'll need to see photos of the top hinge to determine if we carry suitable replacements for the top and bottom. 

Hello Casey, I am so sorry for not understanding. I have no clue as to the different names of different parts of the window or working parts. No bracket on the top of the window moves or secures its placement. The window is attached with a painted-over hinge (attached are two images). thank you so very much for all of your help. I'm hoping you can tell me how to fix this problem. Can I add a video? Would that help
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window open
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window top
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top hinge
Profile picture of Tim
Tim from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience as we looked into this for you. It's tough to be sure but it seems like the sash may be sagging, which may explain why you hear a loud "pop" when opening the window. The sash is probably rubbing or binding on the frame. If so, you may want to raise the lock keeper up slightly to compensate for the sag, allowing it to engage with the lock properly. I would also recommend removing any excess paint around the window, which could be contributing to the window binding. 

The "pop" may also be caused by the operator missing a few teeth in the gear, which I have seen before. I'd start by cleaning up the frame and hardware, lubricating the hinges and operator, and any other moving parts. If you need a new operator, consider the 39-366 or 39-458 depending on how the specifications compare to yours, along with the 39-520 track. 

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a wood casement window crank
How to install a wood casement window crank
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.