Parts need for replacement vinyl window lower sash balance (left side)

A home owner from Buffalo, NY says:
Hi,
Never did this fix before, saw some videos so have idea what's wrong and how to replace. Window won't stay up and I heard a load snap/bang at one point.
I see a metal coil "broken" between top and bottom pieces in the window jam, which appears to be part of a balance?
Looking towards outside of house, left side, lower sash, triple pane window (co. out of business). Pictures show top and bottom piece and you can see broken metal of coil. Says 9 on it, I assume lbs.
What else do you need to know what to replace it with?
I either need jam spreaders (don't want to pay/worried about breaking window) or need to cut a gap to get these pieces out, there is no gap i looked carefully all the way up/down jam.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance and Bracket
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Inverted Single Support
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Thanks for posting! The loud bang you heard was likely the coil balance breaking in the window channel. So, you'll probably need to replace the entire assembly. The balance coil and the compatible plastic pivot housing work, in tandem, to support the weight of the sash and help the window to open and close.

We do not carry an exact replacement match for your existing support but our 15-251 Inverted Universal Single Support should work well as a suitable replacement. This support is compatible with the Series 160 Coil Balance. Since, your support is stamped with a 9, you'll need the S160-9.

I am not certain if your metal bracket will be compatible with the inverted universal support, so you may need to consider purchasing the 16-032 Mounting Clip to complete your installation.

Measurements of 15-251
Measurements of 15-251

In regard to the method you use to remove the assembly, you will need to use your discernment to determine which is the best for completing your repairs. Be sure to review the videos again for reference.

A home owner from Buffalo, NY says:
First thanks!
Are there any instructions that would come with these individual pieces to help me figure out how to put them all together?
Maybe once I have them it will make sense.
The parts are nice and cheap so I will likely (now) buy what you suggest (Thank You) and just have to decide about the spreaders.
I might be able to not use anything else but just replace the coil balance metal since that's what broke, with my existing pieces. I will try that first.
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

My pleasure to assist! When assembling the inverted universal support, the coil rests in the support (in your case the 15-251). Then the coil would extend to the top of the jamb to hook onto the 16-032 Mounting Clip, which is designed to take the "T" shaped tab on the Series 160 Coil balance.

You will need to replace both of the assemblies in the window to ensure the window continues to functions properly.

I hope this helps!

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.