Parts to fix a window

A home owner from Philadelphia, PA says:
Hi Swisco,

Our tilt window is broken and we are looking to fix it. I'm including an image of the pivot bar (looks like it was cut or broken) and the pivot lock shoe. Could you please suggest what replacement parts we need? The frame doesn't have cutouts, so we would need the separator parts as well.

I see on your page that there are other types of shoes that might be easier to work with; open to suggestions to make the job easier and better.

Thanks,
Bernardo
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3611.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3610.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3609.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out! The tip of your pivot bar looks a lit like the tip of our 26-400. Although, to determine if this is the exact match, you'll want to find an undamaged version of this pivot bar and compare the dimensions below.

Alternate image for 26-400
Alternate image for 26-400

We do not carry an exact replacement for your existing pivot shoe but our 15-046 should work fine as a suitable replacement. Again, carefully compare the dimensions to confirm that this is the right fit.

Alternate image for 15-046
Alternate image for 15-046

To make the job easier, I wouldn't suggest going the route of using the jamb spreaders, since they can be a bit pricey especially for the repair you are making. However, I will leave that to your discernment. They are part 75-069

Another solution would be the cutout method, where you can make your own cutouts to remove and install your hardware. Take a look at the video below for an idea on how to make the cutouts in the window.

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.